Wednesday, April 20, 2011

look a little closer

Cool and collected,
Thats the vibe he puts off.
His insides protected.
From all the people who scoff.

When I look a little closer,
I see the fears
I see in his soul,
its collected from all the years.

From the outside,
funny and charming he is
But when I look a little closer,
to the surface rise the insecurites.

He tries to hide,
beneath his pride
but broken he is
just wanting to live.

He knows theres more
to life than this
his mind and spirit soar
to find out what it is

Living this life,
one day at a time
running from strife
looking for signs

to point him in the right direction
and show him that theres nothing left
always in the wrong section
being a victim to theft.

Cool and collected,
but when I look a little closer,
I see the fear
built from all the years.

The tears he should have cried
but inside
he lied.

Subject to rejection,
he gets back up
to once again
try his luck.

When I look a little closer
I can see him searching
for something thats real
he needs to heal..

Inside he knows the truth,
deep down...like in a booth
the one in the white gown,
waits for him in his youth.

Someday, he'll figure it out
then he'll scream and shout
from the rooftops, he will
with joy, God's paid his bill.

Such a beautiful gift,
for one, or all
it wouldnt have mattered
after the fall.

"Accept it,
he loves you
He'll save you from the pit
and make you new."

Thats what they say
to the man with no name
we'll call him Ray,
its all the same.

Yes, cool and collected he is
but when I look a little closer,
the gift is his.

No comments:

Post a Comment